Wednesday, March 2, 2016

tinder mercies

I first heard about Tinder through one of my friends. I was up at college and she convinced me to download it. Soon it became a game and we would send screen shots of all the weirdos on there, as well as try to match with all the hotties. 

Little did I know I swiped right on the right guy. Since it is hooked to your Facebook account I forgot about my little bio I had on Facebook when I first created my account. My bio said something to the effect of me liking pickles. {yeah i was slightly embarrassed when i found out...and it would not delete no matter what I did. So I came to terms with it}. After awhile of swiping I got a message from this guy saying, "hey I like pickles too!" And he was dang attractive! So he could have said anything to me and it would have been fine! We started messaging back and forth and after awhile we started texting all the time.

We started talking about our interests and soon found out we liked the same kind of music. My favorite band was playing that night at The Great Salt Air and he asked if I was going. I said I wasn't because I didn't have anyone to go with. 15 minutes later his name popped up on my screen calling me. I almost didn't answer because I was super nervous to talk to him! Finally I answered and he asked if I wanted to go to the concert with him and a couple friends! Because one of his favorite bands was playing to. {It was A Day To Remember and Of Mice & Men}.

I said I would think about it and call him back...My roommates didn't want me to go because they thought I would end up dead by the end of the night...but on the other hand I really wanted to go to the concert. After freaking out because I had never met anyone off of Tinder {and he is the only one I have ever gone out with off of Tinder}...I decided to go. It probably wasn't the best idea I've ever had, but it ended up being awesome! 

Since I was up at school at Utah State and he was at UVU I had to drive to The Great Salt Air and meet him. Which I was okay with, because it gave me an excuse to leave if I wanted to and when I wanted to. Also I figured a concert was a pretty public place so if he turned out to be a creep in real life, I could just dash away into the crowd and never see him again. 

So I drove myself there and almost peed my pants a thousand times because I was so dang nervous. 

Once I go there I waited in my car until he got there. Then he called me and told me to come find him in line. My first thoughts, "That's dumb. Make me drive all the way here and then I also have to come find you. Classy...At least its a free concert."

I got up the courage to go find him and when I did he gave me the most awkward side hug of my life. We have discussed it, it's so true. Then we got into the concert and made our way to the front. We totally held hands and it was the best. And he wasn't a creeper...Yet.

We ended up having a blast and I didn't ditch him. He was very impressed with my musical selection, and was even more surprised when I actually knew the words. The concert basically sealed our fate.

When it was over he walked me to my car and ended our date with a hug. Totally fine with me. Who knew who he really was outside of concerts. Then I drove myself back to school so dang happy and with ringing ears!

After meeting him in real life it was non-stop conversations and never ending attachments at the hip. He came to visit me up at school the day after the concert and we went on a real date a couple days later. We even smooched {ow ow!}

A few months after we started dating, we got engaged, then we got married a few months after that. It totally worked! And it has been working for 2 1/2 years. Still going strong. Tinder works sometimes people... but you can also use it to just laugh at all the funnies on there.

So thankful for #TinderMercies.



No comments:

Post a Comment